How to discover your true purpose.
Of all the questions I ask myself, by far the most powerful is the one that I start with each morning: What is the purpose of today?
My purpose in life is to live it fully and to make the most of what I have been given. But when I break it down daily by asking ‘What is my purpose today?’, I make real leaps forward in my level of happiness and sense of achievement.
To have purpose is to feel connected to something bigger than ourselves – be it a religion, community, sporting club, a cause or just a reason to get out of bed each morning. It gives us something to aim for and helps to clarify our intentions. It also inspires us and makes our hearts and bellies warm with excitement.
For some of us, purpose is grounded in popularity, power and money. For others, the focus is growth and contribution. What matters most is that we pursue our purpose for the right reasons – because it’s something we deeply believe in, rather than something someone else is steering us towards.
Questions to Help You Discover Your Purpose
- How do you want to be remembered and what can you do to be that person?
- What messages do you want to give your children?
- What difference will others say you made in this world?
- What do you want to achieve in your life?
- How do you want to feel as you move through each day?
- When you are your best possible self, who might you be?
- How can you serve others?
I encourage you to work through these questions, taking the time to consider each one. This will take you to be one step further forward to simplifying your life.
Executive Life Strategist, Best Selling Author, Speaker
Master Life Planner
Clarity, Purpose, Direction with a base of Wellbeing