What are your ‘golden moments’?
What are the memories you treasure? These are tiny snapshots for you to take daily; they’re to be cherished and archived in your mind forever. There is gold around you all the time if you choose to look for it, engage and be present. This is what gives depth to our lives.
- Noticing the first blossom on a tree.
- Gazing at the stars at night.
- Feeling the sand between your toes at the beach.
- The shape of water as it drips down a window.
- Catching a glimpse of your partner daydreaming.
- Seeing a perfectly formed daisy.
- Hearing your child give a real belly laugh.
- Stopping to listen to a busker playing beautiful music.
- Being promoted or offered a new job.
- The smell of really good coffee.
- Passing a test or exam with flying colours.
- Looking in the mirror and liking who you see.
- Watching the sun rise and set.
This simple act of mindfulness, of tuning in and being truly present to the small wonders unfolding all around you, while calmly acknowledging and accepting your thoughts, feelings and bodily sensations, is an oasis you can tap into anywhere, at any time.
Look for, and savour, the golden moments happening all around you, each and every day. Collect these treasured moments and use them to guide your vision of success.
Shannah Kennedy – Coach, Best Selling Author, Keynote Speaker
Specialising in executive strategy, transition, values, vision and life planning